INBDE and ADEA PASS Guide
INBDE and ADEA PASS Guide Heading link
We at the UIC College of Dentistry are thrilled to see your dedication to furthering your education by considering an advanced certificate dental education program. We are committed to supporting you throughout the application process and have compiled some helpful resources to assist you. It is important to note that the ADEA PASS website is the most reliable source of up-to-date information on the process. However, we hope that the resources provided by our college will serve as a valuable guide in your journey towards achieving your goals.
Resource Guide Heading link
ADEA PASS and Application Preparation Checklist
- Review the ADEA PASS Application Website and the ADEA PASS Search Engine to determine when your application deadline. While ADEA PASS provides the general application cycle dates the ADEA PASS Search Engine will provide you with every institution utilizing PASS and their institution specific deadlines.
- Determine when your institutions of interest require you to submit your INBDE scores. Some institutions allow you to submit your scores after your application has been submitted and some require earlier deadlines.
- Complete your assigned Dental Mastery mini mock exams to receive the greenlight to challenge your INBDE. If your program of interest requires an early deadline for INBDE score submissions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to be placed on an accelerated track for the Dental Master mock exams. Mini mock exams must be successfully completed prior to receiving the greenlight to challenge your boards.
- Identify evaluators for your required Professional Evaluation Forms (PEF), at least three PEFs are required.
- Update your resume/CV.
- Create your personal statement.
- Request your official transcripts. To order your official UIC transcripts please visit, https://registrar.uic.edu/student-records/transcripts/ to place your order.
- Once you have begun your ADEA PASS applications you can submit a request for an Institution Evaluation Form (IEF) or dean’s letter. UIC College of Dentistry will then be able to upload the letter directly to your application.
- Complete the UIC College of Dentistry Qualtric’s PASS IEF Dean Letter of Recommendation Request Form for a personalized letter of recommendation. (See PASS Institution Evaluation Form (IEF) below for more information).
INBDE Resources & Dental Mastery
The UIC College of Dentistry provides all D3 students with access to Dental Mastery to assist them in preparing for the INBDE.
Please review the Dental Mastery checklist for the DMD Class of 2025 approval:
- Review the INBDE Candidate Guide
- Review, complete and pass assigned assessments in Dental Mastery App
- Mini Mock Exam #1 (100 questions) to be completed September 15 – September 30, 2023
- Mini Mock Exam #2 (100 questions) to be completed November 15 – November 30, 2023
- Mini Mock Exam #3 (100 questions) to be completed January 15 – January 31, 2024, a score of 70% or higher is considered passing
- Mini Mock Exam #4 (100 questions) to be completed March 15 – March 31, 2024, a score of 70% or higher is considered passing
- Register for the INBDE using your DENTPIN
- Once you register, the Office of Academic Affairs will confirm that you have completed the Dental Mastery materials, and approve your application.
- Secure your seat with Prometric
- Challenge the INBDE Practice Test (500 questions) 2-4 weeks prior to scheduled exam date.
Please carefully review the Integrated National Board Examination 2023 Candidate Guide for important information on preparing for the exam.
PASS Institution Evaluation Form (IEF)
In order to request a PASS Personalized IEF letter you will need to complete the UIC College of Dentistry Qualtric’s PASS IEF Dean Letter of Recommendation Request Form.
- Option 1 – Standardized Dean’s Letter of Recommendation: If you would like a standardized IEF, you do not need to take further steps beyond submitting your online PASS application nor do you need to complete the Qualtric survey. A standardized IEF will be uploaded to your application within one week of your PASS application submission.
Option 2 – Personalized Dean’s Letter of Recommendation, please complete the Qualtric forms within 1 week of your PASS application submission. If not, we will automatically provide a standardized IEF at the 1 week mark of a PASS application notification and will not be able to update the application with a personalized IEF. The Office will not contact you to confirm your preference. Please allow two weeks for the creation and submission of a personalized IEF.
- The UIC College of Dentistry Office of Student and Diversity Affairs hosts an annual Resume Writing Workshop in collaboration with the UIC Office of Career Services. Review the workshop for tips in resume and CV writing.
- Contact the UIC Office of Career Services to schedule an appointment for a one on one resume writing session.
- Contact the UIC Writing Center to schedule an appointment for assistance with writing or reviewing your personal statement.