Referrals, Billing, Records & Other Resources
Are you a physician or dentist who wishes to refer your patient to us? We now accept referrals via Referral +, our new online referral system.
Referral+ is a secure, convenient alternative to paper-based referrals.
With Referral+ you can:
- Securely and accurately send us your dental patient referral including radiographs, clinic notes and patient information.
- Keep your patients informed by tracking referrals.
- Get email notifications on referral status.
Currently, Referral+ is only available for Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery and Periodontics referrals.
If you need to refer a patient for other specialties, please use our downloadable pdf forms below.
Downloadable Referral Forms (pdf)
Need help using Referral+?
Watch our tutorial video
Billing & Payments
UIC College of Dentistry provides comprehensive and specialty dental care at a reduced fee schedule. Our Faculty Practice fees are comparable to private dentists. After a complete evaluation of your dental needs, you will receive an estimate of the costs of treatment. Minimum diagnostic fees, which include an exam and may include x-rays, are required at the initial appointment. Additional fees will apply if specific treatment is warranted. Payment for out-of-pocket fees is required for non-covered procedures at the time of service. Payment is required at the time of treatment.
We accept cash, personal checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Debit Card transactions. We also accept Medicaid for covered services in most of our clinics. See below for accepted insurance plans.
All fees are the patient’s responsibility for payment at the time of service.
Have billing questions or want to make a payment? Please call (312) 996-3571.
We provide information for insurance claims and will assist patients in filing claims when applicable. Individuals who qualify may request special payment arrangements for orthodontic treatment or other complex treatments.
The following plans are accepted by our clinics as indicated (some limitations may apply).
- Cigna is accepted by Endodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, and Faculty Dental Practice.
- Delta Dental is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Prostodontics (IL State Employees Only), Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty Dental Practice (IL State Employees Only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL is accepted by Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Campus Care is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontics, Orthodontics
- Dental Networks of America is accepted by Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, and Periodontics
- UI Health Plus is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
We accept Medicaid for covered services in most clinics. Children have a broader range of covered benefits. It is the patient’s and/or parent’s/guardian’s responsibility to know and understand their applicable covered benefits. At this time, our faculty practice and advanced prosthodontics are not accepting Medicaid.
The College of Dentistry is currently contracted with the following MCO-Medicaid plans below. If your plan is not listed, you may still receive treatment on a fee for service basis.
- DentaQuest is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dental Health and Wellness (Illinicare) is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Liberty is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Plans Administered by Dentaquest:
- AETNA BETTER HEALTH OF ILLINOIS – Aetna Premier MMAI 21
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF ILLINOIS – Blue Cross Community ICP (19-20) and 21 , Blue Cross Community MMAI 21 , MCO-BCBS FHP (0-20), MCO-BCBS FHP (21 )
- COUNTY CARE 0-20 and COUNTY CARE 21
- HUMANA HEALTH PLAN – MCO-Humana Gold MMAI (19-20), MCO-Humana Gold MMAI (21 )
- ILLINICARE HEALTH PLAN OF ILLINOIS – Illinicare Family Health Plan-Child (0-20), IlliniCare ICP (19-20) and 21 , IlliniCare (MMAI) 21 , MCO-Illinicare FHP (21 )
- MERIDIAN – Meridian FHP (0-20), FHP 21 , Meridian ICP (19-20) and 21 , Meridian Elite, Meridian MMAI
- MOLINA (0-20), 21
- UI HEALTH PLUS PLANS – UI Health Plus-Child, UI Health Plus-Adult
Plans Administered by Liberty:
- Harmony TANF 0-20
- Next Level Health TANF 0-20
Plans Administered by Dental Health & Wellness/Illinicare:
- Illinicare Family Health Plan Child (0-20)
- Illinicare Family Health Plan Adult (21 )
- Illinicare Intergrated Care Plan 19-20
- Illinicare Intergrated Care Plan 21
- Illinicare Additional Benefits-Pegnant Women
- Illinicare MMAI 21
Payment and Billing Information
For questions about your account or to make a payment please call: (312) 996-3571 or mail to:
UIC College of Dentistry Billing
801 S. Paulina M/C 621
Chicago, IL 60612
What to Bring to Appointments
- Photo ID
- Insurance/medical card
- Method of payment
- List of current medications (if applicable)
- Proof of guardianship/power of attorney (if applicable)
- Related dental records / Current radiographs (if applicable)
In our continuing efforts to assure patient health and safety and to provide high quality infection control we ask that patients who have any of the following symptoms of fever and respiratory distress please seek immediate medical care from your physician.
Patient Records & Feedback
Request Patient Records
Download our authorization to request dental records. You may also request a copy by contacting the Records and Registration Department at 312.355.1984 (Monday-Friday 8am to 4pm). Return completed and signed forms to the Office of Registration and Records either in person during business hours at 801 S. Paulina Room 103 Chicago, IL 60612 or via fax at 312.413.0947.
Please allow 14 business days for processing. Processing fees may apply.
Patient Care Policies
We are committed to providing safe and effective oral health care in an environment that is compassionate and comfortable in service to our patients.
Patient rights & privacy
Notice of Non-Discrimination
General Clinic Policies
Bloodborne Pathogen Policy
Questions & Feedback
The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry strives to provide excellent oral health care in a compassionate environment. Patients are invited to provide feedback regarding their treatment to the supervising instructor, the Managing Partner, Program Director (or their designee) and/or to the Office of Clinical Affairs.