Faculty Resources Heading link
The UIC College of Dentistry faculty are some of the most brilliant minds in oral health.
Through intimate and meaningful education experiences combined with innovative and collaborative research, our faculty continue to move the field forward while training the next generation of dentists.
Faculty Distinctions Heading link
- Majd Alsaleh, Clinical Assistant Professor, Pediatric Dentistry, was the recipient of the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry “Leadership in Education and Administration” Award
- David Avenetti, Head, Pediatric Dentistry, was inducted as a Fellow of the American College of Dentists
- Ana Bedran Russo, Head, Oral Biology and Associate Dean for Research received both the IADR Women in Science Award for Distinguished Female Mentor and the IADR Dental Materials Group Stephen Bayne Mid-Career Award
- Luisa DiPietro, Professor, Periodontics and Director of the Center for Wound Healing & Tissue Regeneration, was appointed to the External Advisory Council of the NIH National Institute for Dental and Craniofacial Research
- Michael Han, Associate Professor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, received the Osteo Science Foundations Phillip J. Boyne Research Award
- Brittaney Hill, Clinical Associate Professor, Pediatric Dentistry, named to the Chicago Dental Society’s Board of Directors
- Flavia Lamberghini, Clinical Associate Professor, Pediatric Dentistry was named one of Crain’s Chicago Notable Leaders in Healthcare
- Afsar Naqvi, Associate Professor, Periodontics, received the 2022 UIC Rising Star Award in Clinical Sciences
- Jasjot Sahni, Clinical Assistant Professor, Oral Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, was appointed as a 2023-2024 ADEA Leadership Institute Fellow
- Mateusz Wietecha, Associate Professor, Oral Biology, received the Wound Healing Society’s Early-Career Faculty Award
- Christine Wu, Professor, Pediatric Dentistry, was selected as an American Association for Dental, Oral & Craniofacial Research Fellow
- Fatemeh Afshari, Clinical Professor, Restorative Dentistry, Cortino Sukotjo, Professor, Restorative Dentistry, Michael Spector, Clinical Associate Professor, Restorative Dentistry and Judy Yuan, Associate Professor, Restorative Dentistry received the Anthology Catalyst Award – Teaching & Learning
DMD AS Candidate Heading link
My favorite thing about UIC is interactions with faculty. They work along with you at every step and guide you to achieve the best result.DMD AS Candidate
UIC Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs Heading link
The UIC Faculty Affairs Office provides helpful resources and information for every stage of your career. Please familiarize yourself with the UIC Faculty Handbook and UIC Faculty Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.
UIC Office for Access & Equity
The UIC Office for Access and Equity, as part of the Office of the Chancellor, strives to increase access to employment, programs, and services in an environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment. OAE also offers Dispute Resolution Services (DRS), which provides confidential consultation, facilitation and mediation services to faculty, academic and support staff.
Student Policies Heading link
The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry calls upon students, faculty, administration, and staff to demonstrate the highest of ethical standards to benefit our patients and student education. Our entire oral health care community commits to possessing not only appropriate knowledge, skill and technical competence, but also those traits of character that foster adherence to all ethical principles.
View the College of Dentistry academic and clinical student policies by visiting our Intranet.
UIC login and password will be required.
Contacts Heading link
Director of the Office of Faculty Affairs
(312)-355-2662 (Ext. 5-2662)
Business Manager, Office of Faculty Affairs
Program Coordinator, The UIC Center for Wound Healing and Tissue Regeneration
Faculty Resources Heading link
College Bylaws (intranet)
Faculty Policies (intranet)