The UIC College of Dentistry faculty are some of the most brilliant minds in oral health. Through intimate and meaningful education experiences combined with innovative and collaborative research, our faculty continue to move the field forward while training the next generation of dentists.
Faculty Quick Facts
- 120 full-time faculty, 42 of which are involved in research
- 103 part-time faculty
- Over 300 faculty papers have been published by faculty representing all departments. Over 50% of our faculty are engaged in scholarly and research publications.
- 23 countries and over 17 languages represented
- Veerasathpurush”Sath” Allaredy, Head, Orthodontics, was named National Director of Specialty Engagement by National Dental Practice- Based Research Network.
- Luisa DiPietro, Professor, Department of Periodontics, Director of the Center for Wound Healing & Tissue Regeneration, and UIC Scientific Director for the Chicago Biological Consortium, received a Lifetime Achievement Award by The Wound Healing Society.
- Alison Doubleday, Associate Professor in Oral Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences and Director of Faculty Development, was named a 2021-22 ADEA AAL Faculty Leadership Institute Fellow.
- Maria Therese Galang-Boquiren, Associate Professor, Orthodontics, was named a 2021-22 Executive Leadership in Academic Medicine Fellow.
- Robin Gay, Clinical Asst. Professor, Oral Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences, was named a Crain’s 2020 Notable Healthcare Hero.
- Anne George, Professor, Oral Biology, received the 2020 IADR Distinguished Scientist Award for Basic Research in Biological Mineralization. Dr. George was also selected for the 2021 Class of the American Association of Dental Research Fellows.
- Brittaney Hill, Clinical Asst. Professor, Pediatric Dentistry, was a recipient of a 2021 ADEA Faculty of Color Tuition Scholarships for Professional Development, ADEA Summer Program for Emerging Academic Leaders.
- Mohammed Hindy, Clinical Asst. Professor, Restorative Dentistry, was named a 2020 Fellow of the American Academy of Implant Dentistry.
- Linda Kaste, Professor, Oral Biology, was recognized and approved by the Board of Regents for the honor of Fellowship in the International College of Dentists (ICD).
- Kevin Luan, Clinical Asst. Professor, Periodontics, was selected for the ADA Institute for Diversity in Leadership Program.
- Russ Pesavento, Clinical Asst. Professor, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, received an NIH K08 grant for 5 years to study ” Novel Inhibitors of Oral Steptococci”
- Thomas Schneider, Clinical Asst. Professor, Periodontics, was appointed the 2021 President Elect of the Chicago Dental Society.
- Clark Stanford, UIC Distinguished Professor and Dean, was elected to the Board of Directors of The Institute of Medicine of Chicago (IOMC).
DMD AS Candidate
My favorite thing about UIC is interactions with faculty. They work along with you at every step and guide you to achieve the best result.DMD AS Candidate
UIC Office of the Vice Provost for Faculty Affairs
The UIC Faculty Affairs Office provides helpful resources and information for every stage of your career. Please familiarize yourself with the UIC Faculty Handbook and UIC Faculty Policies, Procedures, and Guidelines.
UIC Office for Access & Equity
The UIC Office for Access and Equity, as part of the Office of the Chancellor, strives to increase access to employment, programs, and services in an environment free of unlawful discrimination and harassment. OAE also offers Dispute Resolution Services (DRS), which provides confidential consultation, facilitation and mediation services to faculty, academic and support staff.
The University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry calls upon students, faculty, administration, and staff to demonstrate the highest of ethical standards to benefit our patients and student education. Our entire oral health care community commits to possessing not only appropriate knowledge, skill and technical competence, but also those traits of character that foster adherence to all ethical principles. The College of Dentistry has the following academic and clinical student policies:
UIC Student Disciplinary Policy
Code of Professionalism for Students
Fitness and Participation Policy and Process
Temporary Removal from Academic and Clinical Activities
Clinical Compliance Policy (Clinical Manual)
Policy on Social Media
College Bylaws (intranet)
Faculty Policies (intranet)