Faculty Professional Development Resources Heading link
Jon Daniel Teaching Award
This award named in honor of Dr. Jon Daniel (1942 – 2009), is bestowed upon one faculty member each year for their exemplary contribution to the education of UIC College of Dentistry students. Selection for the award is based upon the recipient’s ability to:
- Engage students’ interest, curiosity, and motivation to learn;
- Challenge students to achieve breadth and depth in their understanding and excellence in their skills;
- Support students in their learning by fostering clarity, meaningfulness, and confidence;
- Respond to student needs in ways that keep learning at the center of the educational enterprise.
Career Development Heading link
Individual Development Plan
Use one of these development plan worksheets to help articulate career goals and develop appropriate courses of action towards achieving them.
The general approach to mentoring in the COD acknowledges that:
- All faculty should have access to mentoring,
- Many different effective mentoring methods exist, and
- Faculty may have unique mentoring needs.
Mentoring programs offered by COD.
Leadership Heading link
UIC Teaching Recognition Program (TRP)
The Teaching Recognition Program (TRP) is UIC’s self-nominated, faculty-administered teaching award program.
ADA CDEL/AAL Teacher Scholarship
Scholars for Teaching Excellence Faculty Fellowship Program (STEFF)