UIC College of Dentistry comprehensive and specialty care options offer a reduced fee schedule , while Faculty Care fees are comparable to private dentists. After a complete evaluation of your dental needs, you will receive an estimate of the costs of treatment. Payment is required at the time of treatment for patients treated in student clinics. Minimum diagnostic fees, which include an exam and radiograph (x-ray) are required at the initial appointment. Additional fees will apply if specific treatment is warranted. Payment for out-of-pocket fees is required for non-covered procedures at the time of service.
We accept cash, personal checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Debit Card transactions. We also accept Medicaid (public aid) cards for covered Medicaid (public aid) services in most College of Dentistry Clinics. See below for accepted insurance plans.
We provide information for insurance claims and will assist patients in filing claims when applicable. Individuals who qualify may request special payment arrangements for orthodontic treatment or other complex treatments.
The following plans are accepted by our clinics as indicated (some limitations may apply).
- Cigna is accepted by Endodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, and Faculty Care.
- Delta Dental is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Prostodontics (IL State Employees Only), Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Family Dental Practice (IL State Employees Only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL is accepted by Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Campus Care is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontics, Orthodontics
- Dental Networks of America is accepted by Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, and Periodontics
- UI Health Plus is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Your treatment may be covered by Medicaid based on eligibility. We accept Medicaid (public aid) cards for covered Medicaid (public aid) services in most clinics. Children have a broader range of covered benefits. It is the patient's and/or parent's/guardian's responsibility to know and understand their applicable covered benefits. Patients: If you have specific questions regarding your coverage or benefits please contact DentaQuest at 1.888.286.2447.
The Faculty Practice and Graduate Prosthodontics (Room 361) do not accept Medicaid (public aid).
The College of Dentistry is currently contracted with the following MCO-Medicaid plans below. If your plan is not listed, you may still receive treatment on a fee for service basis.
- DentaQuest is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dental Health and Wellness (Illinicare) is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Liberty is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Plans Administered by Dentaquest:
- AETNA BETTER HEALTH OF ILLINOIS - Aetna Better Health ICP, Aetna Premier MMAI, MCO-Aetna (0-20
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF ILLINOIS - Blue Cross Community ICP, Blue Cross Community MMAI, MCO-BCBS (0-20), MCO-BCBS (19-20), MCO-BCBS (21+)
- CIGNA-HEALTHSPRING OF ILLINOIS - Cigna-HealthSpring SpecialCare of Illinois (ICP), Cigna-HealthSpring Care Plan of Illinois (MMP), Cigna-HealthSpring Primary (Medicare Advantage), Cigna-HealthSpring Premier (Medicare Advantage), Cigna-HealthSpring Total Care (Medicare Advantage), Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage (Medicare Advantage), MCO-Cigna (21+), MCO-Cigna (19-21)
- COMMUNITY CARE ALLIANCE - MCO-Comm Care All (0-20), MCO-Comm Care All (21+)
- FAMILY HEALTH NETWORK - FHP (Family Health Plan) Adult (21+), FHP (Family Health Plan) Child (0-20)
- HUMANA HEALTH PLAN - Humana ICP, MCO-Humana (19-20), MCO-Humana (21+)
- ILLINICARE HEALTH PLAN OF ILLINOIS - Illinicare Family Health Plan-Child (0-20), IlliniCare ICP, IlliniCare (MMAI), MCO-Illinicare (19-20), MCO-Illinicare (21+)
- MERIDIAN 21+
- UI HEALTH PLUS PLANS - UI Health Plus-Child, UI Health Plus-Adult
Plans Administered by Liberty:
- Harmony TANF 0-20
- Next Level Health TANF 0-20
Accountable Care Entity (ACE) Contact Information
Illinois Department of Healthcare Family Services
|Advocate Accountable Care||1-855-260-0996|
|Better Health Network (Molina Healthcare)||1-844-410-2273|
|Illinois Partnership for Health||1-877-633-2531|
|Loyola Family Care||1-888-584-7888|
|Community Care Partners||1-888-977-2447|
|UI Health Plus||1-844-810-2273|
Care Coordination Entity (CCE) Contact Information
Illinois Department of Healthcare Family Services
|Next Level (CCE)||1-844-807-9734|
|Lurie Children's Health Partners Care||1-888-792-4772|
|My Health Care Coordination||1-855-339-8071|
|Be Well Partners in Health||1-866-537-9695|
Additional Billing & Payment Information
All fees are the patient’s responsibility for payment at the time of service. As a reminder, accounts not paid in full within thirty (90) days of service, may be turned over to a collection agency. Patients who are referred to a collection agency will no longer be eligible for dental services at the College.