UIC College of Dentistry provides comprehensive and specialty dental care at a reduced fee schedule. Our Faculty Practice fees are comparable to private dentists. After a complete evaluation of your dental needs, you will receive an estimate of the costs of treatment. Minimum diagnostic fees, which include an exam and may include x-rays, are required at the initial appointment. Additional fees will apply if specific treatment is warranted. Payment for out-of-pocket fees is required for non-covered procedures at the time of service. Payment is required at the time of treatment.
We accept cash, personal checks, money orders, Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express and Debit Card transactions. We also accept Medicaid for covered services in most of our clinics. See below for accepted insurance plans.
All fees are the patient’s responsibility for payment at the time of service. As a reminder, accounts not paid in full within thirty (90) days of service, may be turned over to a collection agency. Patients who are referred to a collection agency will no longer be eligible for dental services at the College.
Have billing questions or want to make a payment? Please call (312) 996-3571.
We provide information for insurance claims and will assist patients in filing claims when applicable. Individuals who qualify may request special payment arrangements for orthodontic treatment or other complex treatments.
The following plans are accepted by our clinics as indicated (some limitations may apply).
- Cigna is accepted by Endodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Orthodontics, Periodontics, Prosthodontics, and Faculty Dental Practice.
- Delta Dental is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Prostodontics (IL State Employees Only), Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Faculty Dental Practice (IL State Employees Only)
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of IL is accepted by Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Campus Care is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, Periodontics, Orthodontics
- Dental Networks of America is accepted by Endodontics, Orthodontics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery, and Periodontics
- UI Health Plus is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
We accept Medicaid for covered services in most clinics. Children have a broader range of covered benefits. It is the patient's and/or parent's/guardian's responsibility to know and understand their applicable covered benefits. At this time, our faculty practice and advanced prosthodontics are not accepting Medicaid.
The College of Dentistry is currently contracted with the following MCO-Medicaid plans below. If your plan is not listed, you may still receive treatment on a fee for service basis.
- DentaQuest is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Dental Health and Wellness (Illinicare) is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
- Liberty is accepted by General Care, Endodontics, Periodontics, Orthodontics, Pediatrics, Oral Maxillofacial Surgery
Plans Administered by Dentaquest:
- AETNA BETTER HEALTH OF ILLINOIS - Aetna Better Health ICP, Aetna Premier MMAI, MCO-Aetna (0-20
- BLUE CROSS BLUE SHIELD OF ILLINOIS - Blue Cross Community ICP, Blue Cross Community MMAI, MCO-BCBS (0-20), MCO-BCBS (19-20), MCO-BCBS (21+)
- CIGNA-HEALTHSPRING OF ILLINOIS - Cigna-HealthSpring SpecialCare of Illinois (ICP), Cigna-HealthSpring Care Plan of Illinois (MMP), Cigna-HealthSpring Primary (Medicare Advantage), Cigna-HealthSpring Premier (Medicare Advantage), Cigna-HealthSpring Total Care (Medicare Advantage), Cigna-HealthSpring Advantage (Medicare Advantage), MCO-Cigna (21+), MCO-Cigna (19-21)
- COUNTY CARE 0-20 and COUNTY CARE 21+
- HUMANA HEALTH PLAN - Humana ICP, MCO-Humana (19-20), MCO-Humana (21+)
- ILLINICARE HEALTH PLAN OF ILLINOIS - Illinicare Family Health Plan-Child (0-20), IlliniCare ICP, IlliniCare (MMAI), MCO-Illinicare (19-20), MCO-Illinicare (21+)
- MERIDIAN 21+
- UI HEALTH PLUS PLANS - UI Health Plus-Child, UI Health Plus-Adult
Plans Administered by Liberty:
- Harmony TANF 0-20
- Next Level Health TANF 0-20
Plans Administered by Dental Health & Wellness/Illinicare:
- Illinicare Family Health Plan Child (0-20)
- Illinicare Family Health Plan Adult (21+)
- Illinicare Intergrated Care Plan 19-20
- Illinicare Intergrated Care Plan 21+
- Illinicare Additional Benefits-Pegnant Women
- Illinicare MMAI 21+