- Mohammed H.
- DDS, MS
- Visiting Clinic Assistant Professor of Orthodontics
Dr. Mohammed Elnagar is a Visiting Clinical Assistant Professor in the Department of Orthodontics, University of Illinois at Chicago.
Dr. Elnagar received his DDS graduating with honors as class Valedictorian in 2005, followed by General Practice Residency. After that he obtained his Certificate of specialty in Orthodontics and Master of dental Science degree. He joined the Department of Orthodontics, University of Illinois at Chicago in 2015 to earn his PhD and later became a full time Faculty. His PhD work was a clinical trial that involved different protocol of bone-anchored maxillary protraction for treatment of Class III patients, In addition to evaluation of the treatment outcome using 3D digital technology. His work selected to be on the cover of the American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics in November 2016 issue.
Dr. Elnagar research projects involved the treatment Dentofacial deformities, Skeletal Anchorage, 3D imaging application in dentistry, Dental monitoring and Teledentistry. In addition research projects involved in the Bioprogressive Philosophy and alveolar cortical plate response to orthodontic tooth movement.
Dr.Elnagar published many articles and presented his work in many national/international meetings. He gained memberships in many prestigious professional associations including World Federation of Orthodontists, American Association of Orthodontists, German society of oral Implantology (DGOI), Chicago Dental Society (CDS) and the Foundation of Modern Bioprogressive Orthodontics. In addition, Dr. Elnagar is a peer reviewer for many reputable scientific journals such as American Journal of Orthodontics and Dentofacial Orthopedics and Korean Journal of Orthodontics .
Dr. Elnagar is teaching and mentoring in UIC orthodontics clinics, He is also orthodontics & dentofacial orthopedics practitioner in UIC Faculty Dental Practice. Dr. Elnagar employs multiple techniques to suit his patient’s needs and to help patients achieve a beautiful smile.
Treatment Dentofacial deformities, Class III, Skeletal Anchorage, Surgical orthodontics, 3D Imaging, digital models, Dental monitoring, Teledentistry, Bioprogressive Philosophy, multi-disciplinary treatment
1. Elnagar MH, Elshourbagy E, Ghobashy S, Khedr M, Evans CA. Comparative Evaluation of Two Skeletally Anchored Maxillary Protraction Protocols. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2016;150:751-62.
2. Elnagar MH, Elshourbagy E, Ghobashy S, Khedr M, Evans CA.Dentoalveolar and arch dimension changes in patients treated with miniplatesanchored maxillary protraction. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2017;151:1092-106.
3. Elnagar MH, Elshourbagy E, Ghobashy S, Khedr M, Kusnoto B, Evans CA.Three-dimensional assessment of soft tissue changes associated with bone anchored maxillary protraction protocols. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop 2017;152:336-47.
4. Elnagar MH, Gaballa S, Al Shennawy M. Reliability of YEN angle and MVI as New Sagittal dysplasia Indicators. International Dental Journal 2013; 63 (Suppl. 1): 297—378.
5. Elnagar MH, Lippincott JS,Kim MR. Viana G, Handelman CS. Alveolar Cortical Plate Changes Associated with Incisor Retraction Using Bone Anchorage. (in press).