- DDS, MTS, MS, PhD, FDS RCSEd
- Director, UIC DMRT Center
- Periodontal DiseaseFunctional Foods, Natural Products and Oral HealthGlobal Health SecurityOral Diagnostics
Dr. Colvard is Professor, Oral Medicine and Diagnostic Sciences and Director, Dental Medicine Responder and Technology (DMRT) Office. Dr. Colvard earned his PhD in Theology and Medical Anthropology through the Graduate Theological Foundation and its parent, Oxford Foundation House, Oxford, UK. Dr. Colvard previously earned his DDS and Certificate in Periodontics from the Loyola University School of Dentistry, an MTS in Theology and Medical Anthrophony from Seabury-Western Theological Seminary, and an MS in Oral Sciences from UIC.
Dr. Colvard's research focuses on the following areas.
- Spectrographic research studying the artifacts, specimens, and plants used for ancient dental disease, and how these religious and clinical traditions will impact modern dental care.
- ADA / ANSI / NIST compliant Directed Energy technologies and therapies for Oral Medicine and Pharmacognosy (OMPL)
- Dental support to pandemic, all-hazard, biometric, and forensic preparedness - Dental Medicine Responder Training (DMRT)