- DMD, PhD, MPH
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Education & Career
- Lutheran Medical Center in New York, Certificate in Endodontics
- University of Pennsylvania, D.M.D
- University of Florida, Ph.D. in Health Services Research
- University of Florida, Master of Public Health
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- Member, American Dental Association, the American Association of Endodontists, the Illinois Association of Endodontists, the Illinois State Dental Society, and the Chicago Dental Society
Meta analysis, Pain Control, application of Cone-Beam Computed Tomography in Endodontics; Outcomes of RCT vs. Implant.
Meng, X., Gilbert, G.H., & Litaker, M.S. (2008). Dynamics of satisfaction with dental appearance among dentate adults: 24-month incidence. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 36(4): 370-381.
Meng, X., & Gilbert, G.H. (2007). Predictors of change in satisfaction with chewing ability: a 24-month study of dentate adults. Journal of Oral Rehabilitation, 34(10):745-58. (This article was nominated in consideration of the 2007 Giddon Award for Distinguished Research in the Behavioral Sciences in the 85rd General Session & Exhibition of the International Association for Dental Research).
Meng, X., Heft, M.W., Bradley, M.M., & Lang, P.J. (2007). Effect of fear on dental utilization behaviors and oral health outcome. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 35(4):292-301.
Heft, M.W., Meng, X., Bradley, M.M., & Lang, P.J. (2007). Gender differences in reported dental fear and fear of dental pain. Community Dentistry and Oral Epidemiology, 35(6):421-8.