Clinical research at the College of Dentistry plays a vital role in translating new knowledge into better oral health outcomes.
The new Clinical Research Centers offers a spacious, state-of-the-art clinical laboratory for basic scientists to translate their laboratory findings into clinical care, provide clinical materials for analysis in laboratories, and engage clinical faculty in research that ultimately benefits patients and the community.
- Five dental operatories (147-162 sq. ft.)- fully equipped for dental procedures, including one operatory outfitted for behavioral research with recording equipment for observing patient and clinician behavior and EHR access. All operatories have doors for privacy and noise control.
- Comfortable front desk and waiting area.
- Meeting and consultation rooms.
- Instrument processing laboratory for specialized/proprietary instruments, and storage for supplies. Preparation rooms for nursing staff to take clinical samples, e.g., blood, and for several staff to be in the room at the same time.
- In-suite laboratory for rapid processing of samples and preparation of dental biomaterials.
Peri-implantitis: Structural and molecular alterations in the peri-implantitis junctional epithelium (Enrollment open)
Seeking participants interested in research about dental implant health.
Laser-Lok: Impact of laser modified abutment topography on peri-implant mucosal integration (Enrollment open)
Seeking participants interested in research about dental implant therapy.
FLASH: A 24 Month Clinical Evaluation of an Ultra-rapid Polymerizing Resin Composite (Enrollment closed)
View study details
Digital Denture: Clinical Efficacy of a CAD/CAM Digital Denture System (Enrollment closed)