- DDS, PhD
- Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthodontics
Dr. Qingshan Li received his dental degree from Henan Medical University in China. In 1999, he studied at Christian-Albrechts-Universität in Germany pursuing his Ph.D. in Dentistry and a certificate of Orthodontics. He practiced Orthodontics while serving as a full time faculty in the Department of Orthodontics at Christian-Albrechts-Universität. In 2014, He completed his second specialty residency in Orthodontic at Eastman Institute of Oral Health at the University of Rochester. Since then, Dr. Li has been engaged in practicing Orthodontics in private practices around the suburbs of Chicago along with serving as a part time faculty in the UIC Orthodontics Department.
Education & Career
- Specialty in Orthodontics, Department of Orthodontics, Eastman Institute of Oral Health, Rochester, NY
- Specialty in Orthodontics, Department of Orthodontics, Christian-Albrechts-University at Kiel, Germany
- Ph.D in Dentistry, Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontology, Christian-Albrechts-University at Kiel, Germany
Accelerated Tooth Movement, Clear aligner therapy, Temporary anchorage devices, Self-ligating braces with active early principles.
1. Jun Lin, H. Fischer-Brandies, Jiajun Zhu, Qingshan Li, Huiming Wang, Christian Mehl: Effect of complex of adhesives containing fluorapatite and fluorohydroxyapatite bonding to enamel. Acta Biomaterialia 2011 Mar; 7(3):1346-53.
2. Bin Yang, Stefan Wolfart, Qingshan Li, Balbosh Ali, Matthias Kern. Retention of Prefabricated Titanium Dowels Cemented with Three Luting Resins. J Adhesive Dent. 2010 Dec;12(6):487-95
3. Qingshan Li, J Jepsen, H-K Albers, J Eberhard: Flowable materials as an intermediate layer could improve the marginal and internal adaptation of composite restorations in Class-V-cavities. Dental Materials 2006 Mar; 22(3):250-7.
4. J Eberhard, Qingshan Li J Jepsen, H-K Albers: Die marginale Adaptation von zahnfarbenen Klasse-V-Restaurationen in vitro Deutsche Zahnärztliche Zeitschrift 2004 Supplement: D16
5. Qingshan Li: Marginal and internal adaptation of composite restorations with flowable materials as an intermediate layer in Class V cavities Dissertation
6. Qingshan Li: Analysis of 3149 cases with periodontitis in Henan province Henan Journal of Preventive Medicine 1996. 7: 21-23