The College of Dentistry has a commitment to all predental students to be a source of helpful information. Furthermore, we are committed to increasing the recruitment, enrollment, and retention of students with a special interest in community based practice and the provision of care to children and the underserved. There are links listed on the right side of this page.
Illinois PreDental Consortium
There is no membership or fee. Simply join your school's predental club! Be sure to provide your leadership team information including email address to our staff, especially if you are a newly formed club. The Illinois PreDental Consortium (IPDC) is a collaborative effort by the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry to:
- Connect Illinois pre-dental students on a state-wide level to share resources and interests,
- Increase pre-dental mentoring,
- Educate pre-dental students on oral health disparities in the state, and
- Increase access to care for children in Illinois.
Predental Consortium clubs include Benedictine University, Chicago State University, DePaul University, Dominican University, Illinois Institute of Technology, Loyola University, Northwestern University, University of Illinois-Champaign, Illinois State University, Roosevelt University, Southern Illinois University, St. Xavier University, and University of Illinois-Chicago. We learn from each other, so if your club is interested in doing more networking and joining the consortium, please contact Ms. Carolyn Feller at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You are also invited to visit the UIC Predental Club’s homepage to stay up to date on news and events.
ADEA AADSAS Prep Day Live: Sunday, May 21, 2017
This event is sponsored by the American Dental Education Association (ADEA). The event will include the following:
- Presentations about financing a dental education, the ADEA Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (ADEA AADSAS), the Dental Admission Test (DAT) and the dental school application process;
- Live chat sessions with a loan repayment strategist and representatives from ADEA AADSAS customer service and the Fee Assistance Program (FAP);
- Opportunities to browse and download brochures, videos and dental school information.
ADEA Dental School Chat Day Live: Thursday, June 15, 2017
The event is sponsored by ADEA, UIC will participate in the Dental School Chat Day. The event will include:
- Admissions representatives from over 45 U.S. dental schools;
- A dynamic keynote presentation;
- Opportunities to network with other students in a live chat forum.
The Guaranteed Professional Program Admissions (GPPA) is available to high school students who apply to the UIC undergraduate program for acceptance into several health colleges including the College of Dentistry. Students do not apply to the College of Dentistry, but instead apply to undergraduate Admissions where they must maintain certain criteria. It is recommended that prospective students request a tour of the UIC Undergraduate campus here. Once enrolled, GPPA students meet monthly at the College of Dentistry and are exposed to a wide variety of topics in dentistry.