Qian Xie, DDS, MS, PhD
Associate Professor, Director of the Endodontics Prepatient Care
Building & Room:
UIC College of Dentistry 801 S. Paulina St., IL 60612
Dr. Qian Xie received her DDS and PhD degree from Sichuan University, Chengdu, China. After a few years of practice, Dr. Xie returned to graduate school at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, where she received her Certificate of Specialty in Endodontics. Dr. Xie is a Diplomate of the American Board of Endodontics, which is a distinguished group of endodontists who demonstrate their dedication to professional growth and provide the highest quality of patient care.
Dr. Xie has been a member and an active participant in the American Association of Endodontists, the American Dental Association, the Chicago Dental Society, and the Edgar D. Coolidge Endodontic Study Club. She is a fellow of the International College of Dentists, a global organization honoring the World’s Leading Dentists Since 1920. Dr. Xie has recently been elected on the Board of Directors of the American Association of Endodontists. She also serves on the American Association of Endodontists Practice Affairs Committee.
Dr. Xie has a broad background in oral science and clinical dentistry, with specific training and expertise in oral microbiology research and clinic experience in endodontics. Her research background includes caries research, oral biofilm and endodontic irrigation.
- Wei Zhao, Qian Xie, Ana Karina Bedran-Russo, Shuang Pang, Junqi Ling, Christine D. Wu. Preventive Effect of Grape Seed Extract on Artificial Enamel Caries Progression in a microbial biofilm-induced caries model. Journal of Dentistry, Volume 42, Issue 8, August 2014, Pages 1010-1018
- Qian. Xie, B. Johnson, C. Wu. Efficacy of Berberine, an Antimicrobial plant alkaloid, as an Endodontic Irrigant Against Mixed-Culture Biofilm in an In vitro Tooth Model. J. Endod.2012; 38( 8), P 1114–7
- Pavan S, Xie Q, Hara AT, Bedran-Russo AK. Biomimetic approach for root caries prevention using a proanthocyanidin-rich agent. Caries Res. 2011; 45(5):443-7.
- S.M. Adair and Qian Xie. Antibacterial and Probiotic Approaches to Caries Management Advances in Dental Research, 2009, 21(No. 1), 87-89
- Xu X, Li JY, Zhou XD, Xie Q, Zhan L, Featherstone JD. Randomized controlled clinical trial on the evaluation of bacteriostatic and cariostatic effects of a novel povidone-iodine/ fluoride foam in children with high caries risk. Quintessence Int. 2009 Mar; 40(3):215-23.
- Qian Xie, Ana K Bedran-Russo, Christine D. Wu. In Vitro remineralization effects of grape seed extract on artificial root caries. Journal of Dentistry. 2008, 36(11): 900-6.
- Qian Xie, Jiyao Li, Xuedong Zhou. Anticaries effect of compounds extracted from Galla Chinensis in a multi-species biofilm model. Oral Microbiology and Immunology. 2008, 23(6):459-65.
- Xin Xu, Qian Xie, Xuedong Zhou, Jiyao Li. Effectiveness of povidone-iodine / fluoride foam treatment against caries-associated bacteria in 6-9 years old Children. Chinese Journal of Conservative Dentistry, 2007, 17, 276-279.
- Qian Xie, Jiyao Li, Yuling Zuo, Xuedong Zhou. The effect of Galla Chinensis on the growth of cariogenic bacteria in vitro. West China Journal of Stomatology, 2005, 23 (1): 82-84
- Zuo Yuling, Xie Qian, Li Jiyao, Xuedong Zhou. The experimental study of bacterial growth effected by Nidus vespae. Chinese Journal of Microecology. 2005, 15 (1): 23-25
- Zuo Yuling, Xie Qian, Li Jiyao, Xuedong Zhou. An in vitro study on effect of Nidus Vespae extract on the acid production of three strains of oral bacteria. Journal of Sichuan University (Medical science edition) 2005, 36 (3): 33-35
- Qian Xie, Weidong Tian. The development of oral and maxillofacial trauma information management system. Journal of Dental Research. 2003, 82(Sp. Iss. C): 332
- Qian Xie, Weidong Tian. Review: The progress of tooth development. Foreign Medical Sciences: Oral Sciences. 2002, 29 (5): 271-273.
- College of Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago, Endodontics Certificate Program, 2011
- West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China, PhD of Oral Science, 2005
- West China College of Stomatology, Sichuan University, Chengdu, China, DDS, M.S. of Oral Science, 2002
- Diplomate of American Board of Endodontics
- American Association of Endodontists
- American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Edgar D. Coolidge Endodontic Study Club