Hong Chon, DDS, MS
Clinical Assistant Professor
Building & Room:
UIC College of Dentistry 801 S. Paulina St., IL 60612
Dr. Chon was born and raised in Seoul, Korea before moving to Chicago at age 13. He is a graduate of the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign where he received a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Biology in 1991. Dr. Chon then attended the University of Illinois at Chicago where he received a second Bachelor’s Degree in 1993 and Master’s Degree in 1996, both in the Medical Laboratory Sciences. Continuing at the University of Illinois at Chicago, Dr. Chon received his DDS from the College of Dentistry in 2000.
Dr. Chon is a veteran of the United States Navy where he served as Lieutenant in the Dental Corps for three years. During his time in service he completed an Advanced Education in General Dentistry (AEGD) Residency at Great Lakes Naval Center. He was awarded the National Defense Service Medal in 2002 and the Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medal in 2002 and 2003.
Dr. Chon returned to Chicago and once again attended the University of Illinois at Chicago where he completed his advanced specialty training in Endodontics in 2005. Dr. Chon is an inductee of the Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Society and an active member of the American Dental Society, the Illinois State Dental Society, the Chicago Dental Society and the American Association of Endodontists.
- Certificate in Endodontics, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, 2005
- AEGD, Naval Dental Center at Great Lakes, June 2001
- DDS, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, May 2000
- MS, Medical Laboratory Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, May 1996
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Endodontics
- Korean-American Dental Association
- Chicago Dental Society
- Illinois State Dental Society