Christopher S. Wenckus, DDS, FICD
Associate Professor Emeritus
Building & Room:
UIC College of Dentistry 801 S. Paulina St., IL 60612
Dr. Wenckus' scholarly interests include canal preparation, canal obturation, treatment outcomes (success and failure), endo-perio relationships, and pain control.
Clinical activities & specialties
Dr. Wenckus has maintained a private practice limited to the specialty of endodontics since 1974 in downtown Chicago.
Qian Xie; Bradford R. Johnson; Christopher S. Wenckus; Mohamed I. Fayad; Christine D. Wu. Efficacy of berberine, an antimicrobial plant alkaloid, as an endodontic irrigant against a mixed-culture biofilm in an in vitro tooth model. Journal of Endodontics. 2012;38(8):1114-1117.
Rajaa Alsanea; Sriram Ravindran; Mohamed I. Fayad; Bradford R. Johnson; Christopher S. Wenckus; Jianjun Hao; Anne George. Biomimetic approach to perforation repair using dental pulp stem cells and dentin matrix protein 1. Journal of Endodontics. 2011;37(8):1092-1097.
Bruna Burgener; Angelique R. Ford; Hongsa Situ; Mohamed I. Fayad; Jian Jun Hao; Christopher S. Wenckus; Bradford R. Johnson; Ellen A. Begole; Anne George. Biologic markers for odontogenic periradicular periodontitis. Journal of Endodontics. 2010;36(8):1307-1310.
Vince A. Penesis; Patrick I. Fitzgerald; Mohamed I. Fayad; Christopher S. Wenckus; Ellen A. BeGole; Bradford R. Johnson. Outcome of One-visit and Two-visit Endodontic Treatment of Necrotic Teeth with Apical Periodontitis: A Randomized Controlled Trial with One-year Evaluation. Journal of Endodontics. 2008;34(3):251-257.
Rebecca S. Prescott; Rajaa Alsanea; Mohamed I. Fayad; Bradford R. Johnson; Christopher S. Wenckus; Jianjun Hao; Asha S. John; Anne George. In Vivo Generation of Dental Pulp-like Tissue by Using Dental Pulp Stem Cells, a Collagen Scaffold, and Dentin Matrix Protein 1 after Subcutaneous Transplantation in Mice. Journal of Endodontics. 2008;34(4):421-426.
- Ripon College, BA, 1967
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, DDS, 1971
- Rush-Presbyterian St. Luke's Hospital, General Practice Residency
- UIC College of Dentistry, Certificate in Endodontics, 1974
- Member, former Vice-President and President, Omicron Kappa Upsilon Honorary Dental Society
- Founding Member, former Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President, and President, Illinois Association of Endodontists
- Member, former Scholastic Chairman, Assistant Program Director, Program Chairman, Treasurer, Secretary, Vice-President, and President, Edgar D. Coolidge Endodontic Study Club
- Member, American Dental Association, the American Dental Education Association, the American Association of Endodontists, the Illinois Association of Endodontists, the Illinois State Dental Society, the Chicago Dental Society, and the Motorcycling Doctors Association
- Fellow, International College of Dentists
- Former Director, American Association of Endodontists (District IV)
- Diplomate, former Treasurer, American Board of Endodontics