Orthodontic Faculty Presented at the prestigious 9th Biennial Consortium of Orthodontics Advances in Science and Technology (COAST)
Congratulating Drs. Mohammed Elnagar, Therese Galang, Christina Nicholas, Phimon Atsawasuwan and Veerasathpurush (Sath) Allareddy for their outstanding presentations at the prestigious 9th Biennial Consortium of Orthodontics Advances in Science and Technology (COAST). Below are the presentations by our faculty at the COAST meeting:
- Phimon Atsawasuwan. Effects of fluid flow shear stress on miRNA expression in osteocytes and their osteocyte-osteoclast coupling.
- Maria Therese Galang. Collaborative Approaches in the Diagnosis and Treatment of Obstructive Sleep Apnea.
- Christina Nicholas. Childhood Obesity and Timing of Dentofacial Growth.
- Mohammed H. Elnagar. Artificial Intelligence Driven Remote Dental Monitoring.
- Veerasathpurush (Sath) Allareddy. Overview of the National Dental PBRN: Current Studies and Relevance to Clinical Practice.
The research by the above faculty was funded by NIH/NIDCR, American Association of Orthodontists Foundation and the Dr. Allan G. Brodie Craniofacial Chair Endowment. We are very thankful to our College Administration, friends and alumni for supporting UIC Orthodontics. We had the highest number of presentations amongst all Orthodontics programs in the United States!