- DMD, MS
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Um graduated from the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine in 2010. Dr. Um received her Endodontic certification and Master from University of Illinois Chicago in 2018. During dental school, she was awarded the Health Professional Scholarship from the U.S. Air Force. During her 5 years of active duty, she was station in Mountain Home AFB, ID, Lackland AFB, TX, and deployed to Al Udeid AFB, Qatar. After Active Duty, Dr. Um was honorably discharged and worked in private practice until she started her Endodontic training at UIC.
Dr. Um has served as the resident member of the AAE Professional and public relations committee from 2017 to 2018.
Currently she is a clinical associate Professor in the Endodontic department at College of Dentistry at UIC and at North-shore University Health system Evanston Hospital General Dentistry Residency program. She has collaborated with Dr. Fayad on Endodontic research.
Education & Career
- Certificate in Endodontics, University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, 2018
- MS Oral Sciences, University of Illinois at Chicago, 2018
- DMD, University of Pennsylvania, 2010
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- American Dental Association
- American Association of Endodontists
- Edgar D. Coolidge Endodontic Study Club