- Kevin W.
- BDS, MS
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Kevin Luan received his dental degree from King’s College London, England, receiving the prestigious Frank Ashley Prize from the British Society of Periodontology. Following graduation, he was selected as a Thouron Scholar to attend the University of Pennsylvania where he completed his specialist training in Periodontics and Dental Implantology and received his Masters degree in Oral Biology. He is currently a Health Professions Educator Fellow at Johns Hopkins University. He is a former competitive swimmer and a classically trained musician in both the piano and violin, receiving his music diplomas from the Royal Schools of Music, London. Dr Luan’s research interests include dental education research, bioengineering, implant dentistry, and treatments for periodontitis and peri-implantitis.
Education & Career
- King's College London, Bachelor of Dental Surgery
- University of Pennsylvania, Certificate in Periodontics
- University of Pennsylvania, MS in Oral Biology
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- American Dental Association
- American Dental Educators Association
- American Academy of Periodontology
- Academy of Osseointegration
- Certificate in Periodontics- University of Pennsylvania
Clinical Activities and Specialties
Dr Luan specializes in non surgical and surgical periodontal therapies including gingival grafting, bone grafting, dental implants, aesthetic periodontal surgery, and peri-implantitis.