Professional Development Funds
• Request Support for Professional Development Activities
The College of Dentistry Office of Faculty Affairs has funds available to support faculty development opportunities.
Jon Daniel Award
This award named in honor of Dr. Jon Daniel (1942 - 2009), is bestowed upon one faculty member each year for their exemplary contribution to the education of UIC College of Dentistry students. Selection for the award is based upon the recipient's ability to:
- Engage students' interest, curiosity, and motivation to learn;
- Challenge students to achieve breadth and depth in their understanding and excellence in their skills;
- Support students in their learning by fostering clarity, meaningfulness, and confidence;
- Respond to student needs in ways that keep learning at the center of the educational enterprise.
Both students and faculty are eligible to nominate a faculty member for this award. Please see the description and nomination form.
Please note: nominations for 2016 are now closed.
The recipient will be selected by a committee composed of previous Daniel Teaching Awardees (Drs. Blase Brown, Alison Doubleday, and Ales Obrez) and D3 ADEA student representative (Naheed Ahmad).
2011 John Crawford
2012 Priscilla Chang
2013 Blase Brown
2014 Alison Doubleday
2015 Ales Obrez
• Individual Development Plan
This development plan worksheet is designed to help articulate career goals and develop appropriate courses of action towards achieving them.
The general approach to mentoring in the COD acknowledges that:
1. All faculty should have access to mentoring,
2. Many different effective mentoring methods exist, and
3. Faculty may have unique mentoring needs.
You can also review the results from a 2012 faculty survey about mentoring programs
• Sabbatical Leave of Absence documents
• Teacher Excellence Review Committee (TERC)
Teaching Recognition Program (TRP) Deadline is October 30, 2015
Curriculum and Instruction Grants (CIG) Deadline is February 12, 2016
Departmental Teaching Excellence Award (DTEA) Deadline is April 8, 2016
Other Useful Links