Head, Department of Restorative Dentistry
Director,Implant and Innovations Center
Education & Career
- Medical College of Virginia, DDS
- Harvard School of Dental Medicine, Advanced Program in Prosthodontics
- Harvard University in conjunction with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Master of Medical Science Degree with a biomaterials focus
- Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics
- Past-President of the American College of Prosthodontists (ACP), American Board of Prosthodontics, Academy of Prosthodontics, American Academy of Fixed Prosthodontics, and the International Association of Dental Research Prosthodontics Section
- President of the Greater New York Academy of Prosthodontics
- Chair of the ACP Education Foundation
Clinical & Research Interests
Dr. Campbell has extensive clinical experience, having spent most of his time providing patient care. He has been active in dental research throughout his career, having been the principal investigator for several NIH grants dealing with ceramics.
Christopher T. Chan; Cortino Sukotjo; Kenneth W. Gehrke; Judy Chia-Chun Yuan; Stephen D. Campbell; David M. Clark; Farhad Fayz. Laboratory Quality Assurance in the Department of Restorative Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago, College of Dentistry. Journal of Prosthodontics. 2013;22(1):85-91.
Pamela A. Barias; Damian J. Lee; Judy Chia-Chun Yuan; Cortino Sukotjo; Stephen D. Campbell; Kent L. Knoernschild. Retrospective Analysis of Dental Implants Placed and Restored by Advanced Prosthodontic Residents. Journal of Prosthodontics. 2013;22(2):157-163.
Kathryn Thornton; Damian J. Lee; Judy Chia-Chun Yuan; Kent L. Knoernschild; Stephen D. Campbell; Cortino Sukotjo. An Analysis of Prosthodontic Research Productivity: Geographic, Economic, and Collaborative Perspective. Journal of Prosthodontics. 2012;21(1):73-78.
Damian J Lee; Rand E Harlow; Judy Chia-Chun Yuan; Cortino Sukotjo; Kent L Knoernschild; Stephen D Campbell. Three-year clinical outcomes of implant treatments provided at a predoctoral implant program. The International Journal of Prosthodontics. 2011;24(1):71-76.
Judy Chia-Chun Yuan; Linda M. Kaste; Damian J. Lee; Rand F. Harlow; Kent L. Knoernschild; Stephen D. Campbell; Cortino Sukotjo. Dental student perceptions of predoctoral implant education and plans for providing implant treatment. Journal of Dental Education. 2011;75(6):750-760.