Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Internship Position Available
Each year in January following the NMS OMFS Match, the University of Illinois Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery considers applications for a one-year internship program in OMFS, for candidates who wish to experience the full-scope of the specialty, and add to their knowledge and experience in OMFS, and potentially for application, or re-application, to postgraduate OMFS residency training programs. The interns are treated as 1st year OMFS residents, and we have had great success in having our interns Match into an OMFS residency program of their choice following the Internship year.
Applicant must have applied for postgraduate training through the PASS application service, and have completed NBDE Parts I and II, NBME CBSE, and must be a graduate of an ADA-accredited United States dental school.
- This process occurs immediately following the OMFS Dental Match in late January each year.
- Send an email to Maria Limon (firstname.lastname@example.org) stating your intent to perform an OMFS internship at UIC.
- Send your PASS application to Maria Limon by email as well.
- Prompt decisions regarding eligibility will be made by the OMFS faculty at the University of Illinois.
- An interview will be scheduled for one day in early-mid February, in person or via Skype, when feasible.
- Final agreements between the applicant and the program will be confirmed as soon as possible.
Externships / Observations
Please read our informational flyer on the OMFS Externship Program or download the application. Additional information about externships at the College of Dentistry can be found on the Clinical Affairs Externship, Clinical Observation and Volunteer Opportunities Page.
Maria G. Limon, Assistant to the Head
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MC 835)
UIC College of Dentistry
801 South Paulina Street, Room 119D
Chicago, IL 60612-7211
Fax (312) 996-5987