- Colin M.
- Assistant Director, Small Group Facilitation
- Clinical Assistant Professor
Dr. Colin Haley completed his dental degree from the University of Illinois at Chicago in 2007. Following graduation, he practiced full time in several family dental practices prior to joining the faculty at UIC in 2012. He is currently pursuing his Master of Education in the Health Professions degree from Johns Hopkins University. Dr. Haley serves as a course director for several integrated didactic courses in the D3 year. As the Assistant Director of Group Facilitation, he also provides oversight of all group-learning activities that occur during the pre-doctoral curriculum. Dr. Haley’s research interests include evidence-based active learning strategies and educational assessment.
Education & Career
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, BS (Biology)
- University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry, DDS
- Johns Hopkins University, MEHP (candidate)
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- American Dental Education Association
- Academy of General Dentistry
- American Dental Association
- Illinois State Dental Society
- Chicago Dental Society
- Certificate in Evidence Based Teaching – Johns Hopkins University
Clinical Activities and Specialties
Dr. Haley’s clinical practice focuses on the treatment of marginalized members of the LGBTQ community including homeless LGBTQ youth, HIV+ individuals, and transgender patients.
- Health Professions Education
- Small Group Learning