- Charles W.
- Research Assistant Professor
Dr. LeHew is an evaluator and investigator with extensive experience developing, implementing, and evaluating community-based oral health programming, primarily directed at prevention and early detection of oral and pharyngeal cancers. His focus is promotion of inter-professional models of healthcare delivery.
Education & Career
- BA, Millikin University, Decatur, IL
- MA, Northwestern University, Evanston, IL
- MPA, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- PhD, University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Associate Member, Cancer Center, University of Illinois at Chicago
- Research Assistant Professor, Department of Pediatric Dentistry, University of Illinois at Chicago
Thacker KK, Kaste LM, Homsi KD, LeHew CW. An Assessment of Oral Cancer Curricula in Dental Hygiene Programmes: Implications for Cancer Control. Int. J. Dent. Hyg., 2015 June 9, epub ahead of print.
LeHew CW. Challenges in community-based head and neck cancer prevention programs, Chapter 5 in J Radosevich (Ed.) Head and Neck Cancer: Current Perspectives, Advances, and Challenges. Dordrecht, the Netherlands: Springer Science + Business Media B.V. (2013).
LeHew CW, Epstein JB, Kaste LM, Choi YK. Assessing Oral Cancer Early Detection: Clarifying Dentists’ Practices. Journal of Public Health Dentistry, Spring 2010; 70(2): 93-100.
LeHew CW, Epstein JB, Koerber A, Kaste LM. Pilot Study of the Impact of Oral Cancer Prevention and Early Detection Training on Medical Clinicians’ Perceptions and Intentions. Ear, Nose, & Throat, 2009; 88(1): 748-753.
Manfredi C, LeHew CW. Why Implementation Processes Vary Across the “5 A’s” of the Smoking Cessation Guideline: Administrators’ Perspectives. Nicotine and Tobacco Research 2008;10(11):1597-1607.