- DDS, MSc, MS
- Clinical Assistant Professor
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology
Dr. Carmen V. Graves is a Board Certified Periodontist and a Clinical Assistant Professor at the University of Illinois at Chicago College of Dentistry. She is passionate about Periodontics and Implant Dentistry. Dr. Graves completed her Periodontics residency program at the Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas, Texas where she received her Certificate in Periodontics and Master of Science in Oral Biology degree. During her training, she was a recipient of the “Bettye M. Whiteaker” Scholarship. Dr. Graves completed her Doctor in Dental Surgery degree (DDS) and a Master in Periodontics degree in Peru.
Dr. Graves is an active member of the Midwest Society of Periodontology, the American Dental Association (ADA), the Chicago Dental Society, the Illinois Dental Society, and the American Academy of Periodontology (AAP).
Dr. Graves is licensed to practice dentistry in Texas and Illinois, and she also holds a Periodontics Specialist license in Illinois. Dr. Graves maintains an active private practice limited to Periodontics, serving the Chicagoland suburbs. Dr. Graves is a published author of numerous research papers in the field of Periodontics and Dental Implantology.
Education & Career
- Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry, Certificate in Periodontics, 2016
- Texas A&M Baylor College of Dentistry, MS in Oral Biology, 2016
- Universidad de San Martin de Porres, MSc in Periodontics, 2013
- Universidad Andina del Cusco, Doctor in Dental Surgery (DDS), 2008
- Universidad Andina del Cusco, Bachelor in Science, 2008
Professional Affiliations & Certifications
- Chicago Dental Society
- Illinois Dental Society
- Midwest Society of Periodontology
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- American Academy of Periodontology (AAP)
- Board Certified by the American Academy of Periodontology
- Dental License to practice in Illinois and Texas
- Sedation permit in Texas
Clinical Activities and Specialties
Dr. Graves has extensive experience in periodontal surgery including gingival grafting, bone regeneration, dental implants, aesthetic periodontal surgery, and oral medicine.
- Dental implants
- Dental occlusion
2016 Graves CV, Harrel SK, Rossmann JA, Kerns David, Gonzalez JA, Kontogiorgos ED, Al-Hashimi I, Abraham C. “The Role of Occlusion in the Dental Implant and Peri-Implant Condition: A Review”. The Open Dentistry Journal. 2016,10:594-601
2015 Qari H, Villasante C, Richert J, Rees T, Kessler H. “The Diagnostic Challenge of Separating Chronic Ulcerative Stomatitis from Oral Lichen Planus”. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol. 2015 Nov;120(5):622-7
2013 Villasante C. “Efficacy of a tooth paste in the treatment of dental hypersensitivity after scaling and root planning. A randomized clinical trial”. Original thesis to receive the Master in Periodontics degree. Universidad San Martin de Porres.
2009 Laquihuanaco F, Villasante C. "Acromegaly A Silent Disease" Published article. Regional Dental College Magazine Vol.1 2009