The Institute of Biomaterials, Tribocorrosion , and Nanomedicine (IBTN-US) will hold its 8th Annual Symposium on Monday, April 15, 2019 at the UIC College of Dentistry. This year’s symposium title is 'Advances in Diagnostics and Sensor Technology in Healthcare.'
- Dental and Orthopedic Biomaterials
- Surface Coating/ Modifications
- Surface Characterization
- Biological Tissue Imaging
- Total Joint Replacements
- Regenerative Medicine
- Computational Modeling
The Institute of Biomaterials, Tribocorrosion , and Nanomedicine (IBTN) is an organization that understands the need of a multidisciplinary research team in order to generate innovative solutions to the critical clinical/healthcare issues and applications and formulation of better clinical treatment/management. This institute is formed in 2012, by some researchers at UIC and Rush at Chicago. The main focuses on the research and teaching related to biomaterials, Nano-medicine, regenerative medicine, corrosion, tribology and tribocorrosion aspects of the biomedical implants.
The team consists of clinicians, material scientists, bioengineers, mechanical engineers, and chemical engineers from University of Illinois at Chicago, Department of Biomedical Science at UIC Rockford and Department of Orthopedics, Rush University Medical Center, Chicago.
Our mission is to contribute in the advancement of scientific knowledge in regenerative medicine, Nano-medicine and biomaterials (development, surface modification and characterization) for the versatile clinical application for generating and maintaining implants with required durability and multifunctional performance.
- Dr. Cortino Sukotjo (UIC)
- Dr. Christos Takoudis (UIC)
- Dr. Mathew T. Mathew (UIC & Rush)
- Dr. Tolou Shokuhfar (UIC)
- Dr. Reza Shahbazian-Yassar (UIC)
- Dr. Louis Mercuri (Rush and TMJ Concepts)
- Dr. Xuejun Li (UIC)
- Dr. Hannah Lundberg (Rush)
- Dr. Robin Pourzal (Rush)
- Dr. Judy Yuan (UIC)
- Dr. Bin Yang (UIC)
- Dr. Andrea Reale (UIC)
- Dr. Shafigh Mehraeen (UIC)
- Dr. Michael McNallan (UIC)
- Dr. Didem Ozevin (UIC)
- Dr. E J Ernesto Indacochea (UIC)
- Dr. Jeffrey P. Rouleau(Exponent Chicago)
- Dr. Reji Mathew
- (Midwestern University, Chicago)
- Dr. Ali Erdemir (Argonne National Lab)
- Dr. Izabela Szlufarska (UW, Maddison)
- Dr. Laurence Marks (NU, Evanston)
- Dr. Sriram Ravidran(UIC)
- Dr. Liao Yifeng (ADA, Chicago)
IBTN International coordinators:
- Dr. Luis Rocha (UNESP, IBTN-Brazil)
- Dr. Fatih Toptan (UMINHO, IBTN-Euro)
- Dr. Peter Olubambi
- (Johannesburg, IBTN-S. Africa)
- Dr. Geetha Manivasagam (VIT,, IBTN-India)
- Dr. Max Wu (TMUH, IBTN-Taiwan)
- Dr. Divya Bijukumar (Chair)
- Ms. Rajini Nagaraj, Ms. Sneha Kamat
- College of Dentistry, UIC; DUCOM Instruments, Exponent, TMJ Concepts, Springer
Biomaterials Research at UIC College of Dentistry
At UIC, we are moving beyond tissue replacement, using materials to enable our bodies to regenerate damaged and failing tissues.
We are leading investigations into how materials interact with living tissues, and the building of tissue replacements for the growth of cells/tissues to replace lost tissues. The Center for Wound Healing and Tissue Regeneration (CWHTR) is a unique community of scientists and clinicians devoted to the study of injury, wound healing, and regeneration. The Laboratory of Applied Dental Biomaterials and Interfaces is a NIH funded center studying the properties of the tooth in order to develop reparative/regenerative biomaterials to replace lost tooth structure.
Meet our researchers
801 S. Paulina St.
Chicago , IL 60612