Rooms are reserved online. You can only make a reservation after you have obtained an account. All requests will be reviewed within two business days and you will be contacted regarding the status of your request. To view availability, you do not need to have an account or login. Click the room reservation link and use the "Browse" menu to see a list of events or to see what space is available.
- Faculty and Staff: Use your College of Dentistry ID and login. (The beginning part of your email address before the “@” and the password you use to log into your computer).
- Students: Create an account with these step-by-step instructions.
Room Reservation Help
Or, Send an email or call 6-4958 (312-996-4958). Or see Tim Sullivan in room 202D for additional assistance.
Report Building & Equipment Problems
All building related problems must be reported directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. DO NOT use the College of Dentistry work-order form or the FMWEB site.
Building Maintenance Problems include the following:
- Heating/air conditioning; too hot, too cold
- Lighting; blown bulbs
- Plumbing; plugged sinks, toilets, water leaks, etc.
- Carpentery; hanging pictures, damaged ceiling tiles, assembling office furniture, doors jammed, door knobs falling off, etc.
- Electrical; bad light switches, unsafe receptacles, power outage, handi-cap doors, etc.
- Locksmith; issuing new keys for rooms, desks, file cabinets, etc.
- Signs; room name plates, and department signs, etc.
- Moves/disposals; equipment, furniture, chemicals, etc.
- New equipment installations.
- Elevators; not working properly, if stuck inside an elevator use intercom to communicate also press alarm button.
- Entrance doors, outside perimeter lighting, security, grounds, windows, graffiti, unsafe conditions, building evacuation.
- Sterilizers, D.I. water, exhaust fume hoods, medical gas, bio-hazard materials, compressed air (80 and 20 p.s.i.), vacuum, steam.
- Disinfection of Dental Delivery System.
- Housekeeping; issues, comments, complaints, etc.
Remodeling projects must be approved by the Dean, includes minor carpentry and painting.
Shipping address must include your room number. The receiving dock has a telephone on the outside so that delivery drivers can dial for assistance.
Please page the SUPERVISORS directly (we have housekeepers working during the day from 5:00 A.M. to 10:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday). Steps:
Step 1: Dial 3-2211 from any phone
Step 2: Wait for operator, then request 0111 or 0425
Step 3: Then enter your call back number
Step 4: If you get no response e-mail email@example.com
Dental Equipment Emergency Repairs
Equipment technicians are on call from 8:00 A.M. to 11:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Enter room and unit number with a brief description of problem.
Technicians will respond to all Dental Equipment Problems in ALL the Clinics, Instructional and Plaster Labs throughout the building. Breakdowns include; unit keys, unit cabinets, unit drawers/doors and lockers. Technicians will also respond to medical gas emergencies.
HVAC Information & Announcements
The College began a major infrastructure improvements project on March 18, 2015 to renovate the building's heating, ventilation, and air conditioning (HVAC) system, as well as replace many older ceilings and lighting fixtures in the building, and will provide a sprinkler system which will result in a fully sprinklered building. The project involves the members of the State of Illinois Capital Board; UIC administration, as the “owners” of the building; and the faculty, staff, and students of the College of Dentistry as the "users" of the building. There will be up to 75 individuals working in different areas of the building at any given time, with contracting experts in demolition, ventilation, plumbing, electrical, fire safety, etc.