The College of Dentistry is excited for the arrival of the DMD Advanced Standing Class of 2019 Orientation. On this page you will find critical information regarding the orientation week.
The orientation week will begin on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 at 7:30 AM and the day will end at around 4:30PM. Please expect a similar schedule for the remainder of the week. An agenda of the orientation week will be available in December.
Below is a checklist to help you prepare for your upcoming orientation week. To ensure a smooth transition during orientation, please try to accomplish all tasks on the checklist. Feel free to reach out to the Office of Student and Diversity Affairs with any questions or concerns regarding your quickly approaching orientation.
DMD Advanced Standing Class of 2019 Orientation Checklist:
- Please bring (2) combination locks with you on the first day of orientation. You will be assigned lockers for your personal belonging/school supplies.
- Begin checking your new UIC email daily. We will be sending important updates and information regarding your orientation.
- The attire for the week is business casual.
- On Tuesday, January 3rd composite photos will be taken. We ask that you please dress business formal on this date--suits with jackets and ties for men and business jacket or business dress suits for women--please no short sleeves for the photo. We would like to caution the temperature in the building does fluctuate so we encourage you to dress in layers.
- Once you have registered with UIC you are able to retrieve your UIC identification card (I-Card). You are required to retrieve your UIC I-Card before your orientation week. Your I-Card will provide you with building access and axium access. To obtain your UIC I-Card you may visit Student Center West located at 828 S. Wolcott in room 231. Please be sure to bring your I-Card with you on the first day of orientation. The ID Center will be closed from December 23rd to January 3rd for the holidays. Please be sure to bring your I-Card with you on the first day of orientation.
- If you are planning on driving the first day of orientation you will need to visit the UIC Parking Services Office before your orientation. The Parking Services Office is located in the Student Center West Building, 828 South Wolcott Avenue, in room B51. Please note you will need your UIC I-card before you can register for campus parking.
- Please remember to keep collecting teeth for Endodontics courses.