Jon Daniel Award
This award named in honor of Dr. Jon Daniel (1942 - 2009), is bestowed upon one faculty member each year for their exemplary contribution to the education of UIC College of Dentistry students. Selection for the award is based upon the recipient's ability to:
- Engage students' interest, curiosity, and motivation to learn;
- Challenge students to achieve breadth and depth in their understanding and excellence in their skills;
- Support students in their learning by fostering clarity, meaningfulness, and confidence;
- Respond to student needs in ways that keep learning at the center of the educational enterprise.
2011 John Crawford
2012 Priscilla Chang
2013 Blase Brown
2014 Alison Doubleday
2015 Ales Obrez
2016 Philip Patston
Both students and faculty are eligible to nominate a faculty member for this award.
The recipient is selected by a committee composed of previous Jon Daniel Teaching Awardees (For 2017 - Drs. Alison Doubleday, Ales Obrez, and Philip Patston) and the D3 ADEA student representative, Hany Reyad.
Individual Development Plan
This development plan worksheet is designed to help articulate career goals and develop appropriate courses of action towards achieving them.
The general approach to mentoring in the COD acknowledges that:
- All faculty should have access to mentoring,
- Many different effective mentoring methods exist, and
- Faculty may have unique mentoring needs.
Sabbatical and Leave of Absence
UIC Sabbatical Leave of Absence documents
UIC Teacher Excellence Review Committee (TERC)
Teaching Recognition Program (TRP), Curriculum and Instruction Grants (CIG), Departmental Teaching Excellence Award (DTEA) - Deadline information for 2016-17 has not yet been released. For more information please visit TERC