DMD Advanced Standing Degree Program for Faculty
The DMD Advanced Standing Program is designed to provide an opportunity for full time UIC College of Dentistry (COD) faculty members who hold a specialty certificate or degree/certificate from ADA accredited program of two years or longer or who have held a full time teaching appointment in the UIC COD for a continuous period of at least two years, but do not have a DDS/DMD degree from an accredited United States/Canadian dental school to satisfy the competencies of the College of Dentistry necessary to grant the DMD degree.
To be admitted to the DMD Advanced Standing Degree Program the applicant must submit the following to the Office of Student Admissions:
- Current Notice of Appointment indicating a full time faculty appointment in the College of Dentistry
- Copy of one of the following: U.S. birth certificate; U.S. Passport; U.S. Naturalization certificate; Permanent Resident/Green Card (front and back), or Passport showing asylum status, applicants on visa status are not eligible
- Letter of interest from the candidate
- Letter of support from the candidate’s Department Head (or Dean if the candidate is a Department Head)
- Submit official foreign dental education transcripts and diploma issued by the University
- An English literal/certified translation of the dental degree and any other dental related certificate or diploma from DDS/DMD foreign program
- A course-by-course evaluation of the transcript from Educational Credential Evaluators (ECE) Inc.
- Submit a UIC and an ADEA Centralized Application for Advanced Placement for International Dentists (ADEA CAAPID) application for admission to the DMD program; Please contact Braulia Espinosa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about the application.
- Certified transcript or certificate from a U.S./Canadian CODA accredited Postdoctoral General Dentistry Education, Advanced Specialty Education program (minimum of two years), or evidence of completing at least two years as a full time faculty appointment at the UIC College of Dentistry
- ADA official score report showing successful completion of NB I and NB II scores (or Pass if after 2011)
The completed package should be delivered to the Office of Admissions. Please contact Braulia Espinosa at email@example.com if you have admissions questions.