Clinical Assistant Professor
Education & Career
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, DDS
- University of Iowa, Advanced Program in Prosthodontics
- University of Iowa, Master's Degree in Oral Science
- University of Maryland, Implant Periodontal Prosthetics Fellowship
- Diplomate of the American Board of Prosthodontics
Teaching & Clinical Activities
Dr. Marinis teaches the postdoctoral residents and holds a practice limited to Prosthodontics within the UIC Allen W. Anderson Faculty Dental Practice.
Dr. Marinis develops research in the areas of implant dentistry, dental materials and education.
Dr. Marinis believes that interdisciplinary care and an individualized approach is essential for achieving high quality dental care.
Marinis A, Aquilino SA, Lund PS, Gratton DG, Stanford CM, Diaz-Arnold AM, Qian F: Fracture toughness of yttria-stabilized zirconia sintered in conventional and microwave ovens. J Prosthet Dent. 2013;109(3):165-71
Divaris K, Ntounis A, Marinis A, Polyzois G, Polychronopoulou A. Patients’ profiles and perceptions of complete dentures in a university dental clinic. Int J Prosthodont. 2012;25(2):145-7.
Divaris K, Ntounis A, Marinis A, Polyzois G, Polychronopoulou A. Loss of Natural Dentition: Multi-level effects among a geriatric population. Gerodontology, 2012;29(2):192-9.