Internships, Externships, and Observations
Each year the UIC Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery considers applications for a one-year internship program in OMS at UIC, for candidates who wish to experience the full-scope of the specialty, and add to their knowledge and experience in OMS, potentially for application, or re-application, to postgraduate OMS residency training programs.
Applicant must have applied for postgraduate training through the PASS application service, and have completed NBDE Parts I and II, and must be a graduate of an ADA-accredited United States dental school.
- This process occurs immediately following the OMS Dental Match in late January each year.
- Send an email to Maria Limon stating your intent to perform an OMS internship at UIC.
- Send your PASS application to Maria Limon by email or fax (below).
- Prompt decisions regarding eligibility will be made by the OMS faculty at UIC.
- A formal interview for all applicants will be scheduled for one day in early-mid February.
- Final agreements between the applicant and the program will be confirmed by late February.
Externships / Observations
Please read our informational flyer on the OMFS Externship Program or download the application. Additional information about externships at the College of Dentistry can be found on the Clinical Affairs Externship, Clinical Observation and Volunteer Opportunities Page.
Maria G. Limon, Assistant to the Head
Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery (MC 835)
UIC College of Dentistry
801 South Paulina Street, Room 119D
Chicago, IL 60612-7211
Fax (312) 996-5987