- University of Texas at El Paso, BS (Microbiology), 1993
- University of Texas at El Paso, MS (Biology), 1996
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry, DDS, 1997
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry, PhD (Biomedical Sciences), 2001
- Texas A&M, Baylor College of Dentistry, Certificate (Periodontics), 2002
- Oral Infection and Immunity Branch, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Postdoctoral Fellowship (Mucosal Immunology), 2005
Nares S, Wahl SM. Monocytes and macrophages. Lotze MT and Thomson AT. Measuring Immunity: Basic Science and Clinical Practice, 1st Edition. Elsevier, London UK 2005. Pages 299-311.
Kumarswamy A, Moretti A, Paquette A, Padilla R, Everett A, Nares, S. In-Vivo Assessment of Osseous Wound Healing Using a Novel Bone Putty Containing Lidocaine in the Surgical Management of Tooth Extractions." Int J Dent, In Press.
Moutsopoulos N, Angelov N, Gupta B, Kling H, Jin W, Nares S, Palmer R, Osorio M, Wahl S. P. gingivalis promotes Th17 inducing pathways in chronic periodontitis. J Autoimmun, In Press.
Zhong S, Nares S, Zhang Z, Bair E, Khan A. MicroRNAs: Novel Players in the Regulation of Endodontic Disease, J Endod, In Press.
Perri R, Nares S, Zhang S, Barros SP, Offenbacher S. MicroRNA Modulation in Obesity and Periodontitis. J Dent Res 91: 33-38.