COD offers an innovative pre-doctoral degree program, the Doctor of Dental Medicine (DMD), and the International Dentist Degree Program (IDDP). The DMD curriculum consists of
- foundational coursework in the biomedical and clinical sciences,
- comprehensive care courses that integrate foundational learning,
- small group learning settings, and
- clinical learning throughout the four-year program.
In addition to the DMD program, COD offers
- postgraduate specialty programs (Endodontics, Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Oral Medicine & Diagnostics Sciences, Pediatric Dentistry, Periodontics and Prosthodontics),
- graduate degrees (PhD and MS), and
- joint degree programs.
The College of Dentistry at the University of Illinois at Chicago is located at the heart of a world-class medical education and research complex. Our proximity, excellent faculty and urban setting set us apart from other oral health colleges.
Our faculty is composed of the top practitioners in their respective fields. Our facilities are newly renovated and incorporate the latest in health technology.
A problem-based model guides our DMD curriculum, allowing students to experience a diagnostic process very early in their education.
Faculty and students are engaged in groundbreaking research. With a particular emphasis on clinical relevance, research at UIC is leading advances in patient care.
Students are immersed in Chicago's vibrant community the first day they enter the College. Community engagement is facilitated through various service projects, including clinical rotations during the fourth year of the DMD program.
Please see our directions page for information about visiting the College, including accommodations.