Dr. Allan G. Brodie was Dean of the University of Illiniois at Chicago College of Dentistry from 1943 to 1956 and Orthodontics Department Head from 1929 to 1966.
The logo of the Brodie Laboratory represents the thickening epithelial layer at the onset of tooth morphogenesis.
The new Brodie Laboratory for Craniofacial Genetics was officially opened on May 13th, 2002. On the photograph (from left to right) are former UIC COD Dean Bruce Graham, Barbara Brodie, Orthodontic Department Head Carla A. Evans, former Chancellor Sylvia Manning, Tom Diekwisch, and Donald Brodie, Donor and son of Allan G. Brodie. Dr. Diekwisch served as Director of the Brodie Laboratory from 2001 until 2015, at which time he returned to Baylor College of Dentistry in Dallas/TX.