- Effects of stress, age and gender on wound healing (human, animal)
- Influence of sex hormones and menopause on wound healing (human)
- Corticosteroid regulation of dermal and mucosal tissue healing (human)
- Effects of chronic stress, morphine and oxytocin on wound healing (animal)
- Biomarkers as predictors of breast cancer, mucositis, and preterm birth (human)
- Stress, inflammation, and the prognosis for breast cancer or mucositis (human)
- Immune mechanisms of stress - isolation & restraint models (animal)
- Sepsis and treatments for survival (animal)
Hartaigh B, Loerbroks A, Engeland CG, Thomas GN, Fischer JE, Bosch JA. (In Press) Age-dependent and independent associations between depression, anxiety, DHEAS, and cortisol: The European Aeronautic Defence and Space (EADS) Cohort Study. Psychoneuroendocrinology.
Yashar N, Engeland CG, Rosenfeld AL, Walsh TP, Califano JV. (2012) Radiographic considerations for the regional anatomy in the posterior mandible. Journal of Periodontology, 83(1), 36-42.
Edwards KM, Bosch JA, Engeland CG, Cacioppo JT, Marucha PT. (2010) Elevated macrophage migration inhibitory factor (MIF) is associated with depressive symptoms, blunted cortisol reactivity to acute stress, and lowered morning cortisol. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 24(7), 1202-1208.
Crawford JM, Briggs CL, Engeland CG. (2010) Publication bias and its implications for evidence-based clinical decision making. Journal of Dental Education, 74(6), 593-600.
Engeland CG, Sabzehei B and Marucha PT. (2009) Sex hormones and mucosal wound healing. Brain, Behavior and Immunity, 23, 629-635.
Engeland CG, Jang P, Alves M, Marucha PT, Califano J. (2008) HIV infection and tooth loss. Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontology, 105(3), 321-326.
Bosch JA, Engeland CG, Cacioppo JT and Marucha PT. (2007) Depressive symptoms predict mucosal wound healing. Psychosomatic Medicine, 69 (7), 597-605.
Eijkelkamp N, Engeland CG, Gajendrareddy PK and Marucha PT. (2007) Restraint stress impairs early wound healing in mice via alpha-adrenergic but not beta-adrenergic receptors. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 21 (4), 409-412.
Engeland CG, Bosch JA, Cacioppo JT and Marucha PT. (2006) Mucosal wound healing: The roles of age and gender. Archives of Surgery, 141 (12), 1193-1197; Invited critique 1198.
Kalin NH, Shelton SE, Engeland CG, Haraldsson MH and Marucha PT. (2006) Stress decreases, while central nucleus amygdala lesions increase, IL-8 and MIP-1alpha gene expression during tissue healing in non-human primates. Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, 20 (6), 564-568.